1. Proprietary Rights.
The Site and its contents, including text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, videos, audio, code, data, trademarks, service marks, logos, taglines, slogans, trade names, documents, data sheets, and other material, made available on or accessed through the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and any and all intellectual property and proprietary rights inherent therein or appurtenant thereto, are owned by Motivis Learning or its licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws, including copyright and trademark laws. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership of any of the Content. Except as stated herein, none of the Content may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of authorized personnel of Motivis Learning, its licensors or the otherwise applicable rights holders.
The trademarks, service marks, logos, taglines, slogans and trade names (collectively, the “Marks”) displayed on the Site or on the Content are registered and/or unregistered Marks of Motivis Learning, its licensors and/or other rights holders and may not be used in connection with products and/or services that are not related to, associated with, or sponsored by their respective rights holders or that otherwise are likely to cause customer confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits their respective rights holders. All Marks not owned by Motivis Learning that appear on the Site or on the Content are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site or on the Content should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Mark displayed on the Site or on the Content without the written permission of Motivis Learning or the otherwise applicable rights holders. Your misuse, including any unauthorized use, of the Marks displayed on the Site or on the Content is strictly prohibited.
2. Limited License.
Except for the limited permission in the preceding paragraph, Motivis Learning does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Motivis Learning or of any third party, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
The Content may not be modified, copied, posted on any network computer or broadcasted in any media. You may not mirror the Site or any of the Content on another web site or in any other media.
4. Purchase of Products and Services.
5. Use Restrictions and Prohibited Conduct.
Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Site or any of the Content is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from authorized personnel of Motivis Learning, Motivis Learning’s licensors or the otherwise applicable rights holders. Other than as expressly allowed herein, you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit the Site or any of the Content. You agree that you may not alter, edit, delete, remove, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose any of the Content. You further agree that you may not alter or remove any Marks or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices contained in the Content. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any copyrighted Content made available on or accessed through the Site.
You agree that you will not: (a) hold yourself out as a representative, agent or employee of Motivis Learning and/or impersonate any individual or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any individual or entity; (b) use the Site in any manner with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site; (c) use the Site or any of the Content in violation of Motivis Learning’s or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; (d) use the Site or any of the Content in violation of any applicable laws; (e) attempt (or encourage or support anyone else’s attempt) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt or otherwise alter or interfere with the Site, or make any unauthorized use thereof; (f) obtain or attempt to obtain any content, materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Site; (g) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means; or (h) use or attempt to use any “spider”, “robot”, “bot”, “scraper”, “data minder” or any other program, device or algorithm, process or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor the Site (or portions thereof) or the Content (or portions thereof). This provision does not prevent you from using RSS feeds that may be provided on the Site.
6. User Submissions. Motivis Learning does not claim ownership of any information or material a user transmits, posts or uploads to or through the Site by any means, including, without limitation, by message boards, chat rooms or similar discussion forums, blogs, wiki pages or otherwise (“Submissions”). Motivis Learning does not want you to, and you should not, send any confidential or proprietary information to Motivis Learning via the Site. All Submissions will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and may be disseminated or used by Motivis Learning for any purpose and in any way without any compensation. In addition, you agree that Motivis Learning is free to use any ideas, concepts or know-how contained in any Submission.
By making a Submission to or through the Site, you automatically grant Motivis Learning an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, transmit and distribute such Submission, alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed.
You warrant and represent that you will not transmit, post or upload to or through the Site any Submission that is, in or whole or in part, libelous, scandalous, inflammatory, discriminatory, defamatory, false, threatening, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, abusive, harassing, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or bashing, aimed at gender, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views or disability, or otherwise unlawful, or that violates or infringes on the privacy, publicity, intellectual property, proprietary, contractual or other rights of any third party.
Motivis Learning does not represent or warrant the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content, information or material contained in any Submissions made to or through the Site by users or endorse any statements, representations or opinions expressed by users in their Submissions. Your reliance on content, information, material, statements, representations or opinions contained in any Submissions made to or through the Site by other users will be at your own risk. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product and/or service contained in a Submission should be verified with the applicable manufacturer or provider.
7. Copyright Infringement Claims.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended), if you believe in good faith that copyrighted work has been copied, adapted, reproduced or exhibited on the Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may submit written notification of the claimed infringing activity addressed to our Designated Agent, Alan Laurentano, at: by mail, Motivis Learning Systems, Inc., 25 Pelham Road, Salem, New Hampshire 03079; by email, firstname.lastname@example.org(indicating in the email that it is to the attention of Alan Laurentano). If you need to speak with our Designated Agent he/she may be reached by telephone at 855-202-6500.
To be effective, the notification must include the following information, or such other information as required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act then in effect: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before submitting written notification, as the above-stated requirements may have changed.
In appropriate circumstances, Motivis Learning, at its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate any user’s access to the Site and/or take other action against users where infringing activity is apparent, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing.
8. Site and Content Disclaimer. THE SITE AND/OR THE CONTENT ARE NOT PROMISED OR GUARANTEED TO BE CORRECT, CURRENT OR COMPLETE, AND THEY MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. MOTIVIS LEARNING MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR OF ANY OTHER CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DISPLAYED, DISTRIBUTED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING STATEMENTS, REPRESENTATIONS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY USERS IN THEIR SUBMISSIONS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. MOTIVIS LEARNING WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, HOWEVER ARISING, FROM USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION. THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT PROVIDED AND DISCUSSED ON THE SITE IS INFORMATIONAL ONLY. MOTIVIS DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL, FINANCIAL, OR TAX ADVICE. MOTIVIS LEARNING AND THE SITE ARE NOT SUBSTITUTES FOR CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY, TAX PROFESSIONAL OR FINANCIAL ADVISOR. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT MOTIVIS LEARNING DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE SITE, AND OPERATION OF THE SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH OR ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OR CIRCUMSTANCES OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. MOTIVIS LEARNING SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIBILITY FOR OR WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS DISPLAYED ON OR LINKED FROM THE SITE.
Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE AND CONTENT AND ALL SERVICES (IF ANY) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MOTIVIS LEARNING HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY AND OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, ABSENCE OF SECURITY INTERESTS, LIENS AND OTHER ENCUMBRANCES, AND QUIET ENJOYMENT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, MOTIVIS LEARNING MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT OR OF ANY OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, OR ABOUT THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USING THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION. MOTIVIS LEARNING DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER OR INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND IN SUCH STATES OUR LIABILITY WILL BE DEEMED LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MOTIVIS LEARNING OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, INVESTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR VENDORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ENHANCED, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM OR RELATING TO, THE SITE, THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DISPLAYED, DISTRIBUTED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, ANY CHANGES TO OR INACCESSIBILITY OF THE SITE, DELAY, FAILURE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF ANY TRANSMISSION OR DATA, ANY SUBMISSIONS BY USERS, OR ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM A THIRD PARTY ACCESSED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, AND ANY SERVICES PROVIDED, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT MOTIVIS LEARNING IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND IN SUCH STATES OUR LIABILITY WILL BE DEEMED LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Termination/Suspension; Botnets. Motivis Learning reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site or the Content at any time and/or to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and/or any portion thereof, at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all, without prior notice or any notice and without liability to you or anyone or any third party. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, Motivis Learning retains the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate any accounts involved with botnets and related activities. If any hostnames are used as command and control points for botnets, Motivis Learning reserves the right to direct the involved hostnames to a honeypot, loopback address, logging facility, or any other destination at our discretion.
12. Compliance With Laws and Export Control. You assume responsibility for all knowledge of applicable laws and are responsible for compliance with any such laws and regulations. You may not use the Site or Content in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws. You further agree not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
You acknowledge and agree that the Site will not be used, and none of the Content or underlying information, software or technology may be transferred or otherwise exported or re-exported to countries as to which the United States maintains an embargo (collectively, “Embargoed Countries”), or to or by a national or resident thereof, or any person or entity on the U.S. Department of Treasury’s List of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Table of Denial Orders (collectively, “Designated Nationals”). The lists of Embargoed Countries and Designated Nationals are subject to change without notice. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of an Embargoed Country or Designated National. You agree to comply strictly with all United States export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
Motivis Learning and its licensors make no representation that the Site or the Content made available on or accessed through the Site are appropriate or available for downloading or use in other locations outside of the United States, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Access to the Site and/or the Content made available on or accessed through the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside of the United States you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, including without limitation export and import regulations and intellectual property laws of the Unites States and other countries. Any diversion of the Site and/or any Content obtained from or through the Site contrary to the laws of the United States or any other jurisdiction is prohibited.